- How much does an Airpod cost?
Slightly over $10,000 USD
- How fast can it go?
- How far can it go?
At city speeds of 20mph to 30mph = 100 miles per compressed air tank (At higher speeds the autonomy is reduced and depends on the driving of the car).
- What is the body made of?
Composite sandwich fiber glass/polyurethane foam which is very light and extremely strong
- What are the dimensions?
Length = 83.9” Width = 59.1“ Height = 67.3” Wheel base = 59.7”
- What is the weight?
- How many wheels?
Four (2 in front, 2 in rear)
- How long does it take to charge from a plug-in outlet?
4hrs at a regular electric outlet
- How long from a mobile or stationary “gas station” compressor?
- How far can you go on a single tank?
Urban cycle range: 80 miles. Maximum range depending on usage: 93 miles.
- How many refills can you get for the lifespan of the car?
Approximately 20,000 refills
- How much does it cost to fill a tank?
Approx. USD $2.00
- How much compared to an electric vehicle?
1 cent per mile and 1/3 the amount of an electric car
- Why do you plan to build the first factory in Hawaii?
We want to introduce the technology in a small market to establish a controlled environment.
- Does the car go up hills well?
Yes. It has excellent torque.
- What is a “turn-key factory?”
It is a factory delivered by the technology provider ready to be run.
- Has the car been crash tested?
This size car does not require crash testing.
- Can you buy regular insurance for the car?
- How does “zero emissions apply” when it takes energy to compress the air?
If you compress the air using electricity, one can argue that the electricity used is not zero pollution unless it comes from solar, wind and/or river current. We intend to build compressed air stations using solar, wind and river current.
- Does the car have heat?
The car will have an auxiliary heater that runs on a small on-board battery.
- Does it have A/C?
The car is designed to include air conditioning easily because compressed air releases cold air naturally. This is perfect for Hawaii. For colder climates, a heater can be added.
- What prevents the tank from exploding in the event of an accident?
The tank is made of Type IV, thermoplastic liner and carbon fiber wiring which does not explode. In case of accident, if the tank is hit, it could be snapped in half, but still not explode.
- Are there other compressed air car models?
Yes. We intend to introduce larger and faster models in the future.
- Are there other compressed air applications?
Yes, convertibles, vans, trucks, boats, tractors and more…
- What are the advantages of a turn-key factory?
It is faster to build and there are no trial-and-errors. It also provides local jobs and has a small carbon footprint.
- How will the cars be serviced?
The car will be serviced at the plant. For people that buy the car from the plant and have shipped the vehicle to other parts of the country, we will provide telephone assistance to diagnose the problem and will send replacement parts with instructions to auto repair shops.
- Will there be compressed air stations?
We will offer individuals to have their own compressed air station. We will also offer incentives to gas stations to install small compressors that will provide additional income by selling compressed air.
- What happens if someone bought a compressed air car and does not want it anymore?
We plan to focus our marketing efforts for the Airpod to fleet operators on a leasing basis. We will also lease the vehicles to private users with an option to buy after they are familiar with the vehicle. We anticipate they will want to buy it!